Here are the track descriptions. Please talk with your InterVarsity staff about which track you should be in.
- Mark I - Discovering Jesus & Embracing His Kingdom- You are about to enter a world of plots, intrigue and scandal. Huge crowds will surround you and nature will play strange tricks. You are about to enter the Gospel of Mark! Come live with Jesus in chapters 1-8 of Mark’s Gospel. Using an interactive, communal manuscript study format, we will meet Jesus together in a new way.
Mark 1 is for you if…
You want a fresh, up close, and personal encounter with Jesus--the real Jesus, not the milquetoast meek and mild “Sunday School Jesus”; You want to learn more about the nature and values of God’s kingdom; You want to learn new Bible study skills to enrich your personal and group Bible study and worship, skills which you can use the rest of your life.
- Origins: A Journey Through the Bible Jesus Read - Have you ever wondered why we have the Old Testament? Or what’s the point in learning about various tribes, kings, and prophets? Or perhaps you really love history, but can’t figure out where or why the Old Testament fits into the picture?
Through manuscript Bible study, students are invited to encounter the living God of the Old Testament. Students will engage with Scripture creatively, experientially, and intellectually – this isn’t the typical youth group Sunday School class you remember! Take this opportunity to look closely at the Old Testament and walk away with a greater understanding of God’s work of redemption woven through the narrative.
- Leading Kingdom Movements - Do you desire to leave a legacy on campus through InterVarsity that will last well beyond your time in college and help your chapter to reach every corner of campus? If your answer is “Yes!”, then this is your opportunity to learn how to not just develop a chapter on campus but create a MOVEMENT. Movements start with a burden, require imagination and walking in your sentness, and involve empowering others to multiply the work on campus. Does that sound like a lot? Leading Kingdom Movements will give you the ministry skills needed while equipping you to lead others in doing the same.
- Get Ready For Answers! - Is belief in God, Jesus as the Son of God, and the Bible as the Word of God irrational? If God is good, then why is there evil and suffering in the world? Is there life after death? And what happens to people who don't believe in Jesus? Have you ever asked or been asked these questions? In Get Ready for Answers!, we will address several modern questions that people everywhere are asking about the Christian worldview. If you, your friends, or your classmates have questions about the Christian faith, this is an opportunity for you to talk through them. Our hope is that you leave with a better understanding of what Christians believe and be better equipped to share your thoughts with others.
- Work Crew -Do you like serving others? In this track, we will join the dining team in preparing, cooking, serving and cleaning. We will spend time building a team, studying Scripture together and helping the camp run smoothly. Participating in work crew is free and includes all meals. Don’t be fooled - it is hard work, so come prepared!